Re-unite the Kingdom
Long long ago…
There was a kingdom where those in power had lost touch with their sacred covenant with God , the land and the people.
Mistrust and cynicism rained and people lived out of fear more than hope. A new leader had to be found and there ensued a challenge to find a king who could draw the sword of truth from the stone.
Is the situation in modern Britain so very different?
A platform for people to take back politics Round Table Dialogues To Re-unite te Kingdom
We need political and economic renewal that will restore chivalry, justice and compassion to our institutions…
Coming soon – the problem & what we need to do
Because of old style ways of thinking, economic myths and the entitlement of those in power our dysfunctional political, economic systems have become inefficient, inhuman and unresponsive to the needs, wishes and aspirations of communities everywhere.
As passive consumers, without being aware of it, we have accepted and colluded in the creation of unthinking ‘mechanistic’ rather than human systems of economy, governance and jurisprudence not to mention media, education and faith institutions.
No existing political party is able or willing to lead us out of this mess because they are too much part of it.
As responsible active citizens we can re-imagine the values and logic of our institutions and re-configure these systems based on respect and human dignity and on a new vision of economics, politics and nature.
This is not idealistic or unrealistic – in a technological society it is not scarcity that is a problem ( look at the money that was found to bale out the banks). It is effective, socially just mechanisms for distribution and contribution that need our collective creativity – for a new vision of a civil society.
Britain was first in the industrial and communication revolutions. Now we can now be the first in the age of humanity.
How we might re-configure the system in ways that can revive our own humanity and protect Nature and the foundation of life
1. We have all been trapped in the ‘logic’ of the system. But our society has evolved beyond the thinking that created the system.
2. Our task is to re-imagine the purpose of politics and economics – to re-establish real value, humane values, principled leadership inclusive of many traditions united by a vision that is bigger than us all
3. We intend to set a new tone and style to politics by moving beyond partisan, adversarial approaches and seeking higher order solutions.
4. Our aim is to find a new compass by which to navigate – a new philosophical integration to co-create new legitimacy .
6. We will do so by identifying new ways of looking at value and exchange, by empowering women and by localizing power.
7. Our aim is to restore, protect, extend and build natural and human capital, the environmental commons and civil society – areas of shared value that are foundational to wellbeing.
8. In a technological society it is not scarcity that is the problem but redefining the purpose of politics and economics – how efficacy, sustainability and social justice can be reconciled in an abundant world.
9. Let us harness the best of what we are. British people have been ingenious innovators in the past and can lead the world again. We can become a moral force once again by creating a new covenant between people, power and nature – that supports creativity, adaptability, initiative and enterprise – from a place that restores human to human and human to nature relationships.
The new politics will be significantly more traditional, deeply more compassionate and profoundly more radical than any existing party is willing or able to embrace
Join us in re-imagining…
- Civil Society
Host a re-imagine event in your area – more details here
Become a Re-imagine Event Facilitaor here…